Collision Reporting Centres

Record Details
Areas Served York Region
Address & Map
10720 Yonge St
Richmond Hill, ON
View Google Map
Major Intersection Yonge St / Elgin Mills Rd
Office Phone 1-866-876-5423 - ask for call taker
Fax 905-780-7514
Description Above Richmond Hill phone number is the Police Department for reporting accidents* actions to be taken by all drivers before attending a Collision Reporting Centre: remove vehicles from roadway when safe to do so * exchange information with the other involved parties (names, drivers licence #, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle particulars) * obtain names and phone numbers of independent witnesses * attend with your vehicle at the CRC in the area which your accident happened * you must call police when accident happens - Toronto: 416-808-2222; York Region: 905-830-0303 * bring your documentation along to the CRC (Driver's licence, ownership and insurance etc) 
Does the CRC take "FAIL TO REMAIN" Collision Reports? 
Yes- The CRC will take reports of fail to remain collisions involving damage to property but not personal injury * a police unit will be dispatched if the suspect vehicle is still in the area of the collision 
When should a driver attend a CRC? 
Any driver involved in a reportable property damage collision is to report the collision at a CRC 
Police will investigate a collision on scene when: 
*Collision involves injury or death; 
*Criminal activity involved in collisions (e.g. impaired driving, stolen vehicle, assault etc) 
*Collisions involving a person who is uninsured or is a suspended driver; 
*Collisions involving damage to private, municipal or highway property; 
*Collision involving bicycles or pedestrians 
The highway traffic Act requires that all collisions where persons are injured, or damage valued at more than $1000.00 to vehicles or property, or damage to any highway property, be reported to police
Dates Year-round
Hours Mon-Fri 7 am-9 pm * Sat 8 am-4 pm * Closed Sun and Holidays
Accessibility Fully Accessible
Languages English
Fees Service
Funding Regional / Municipal
Subjects Community policing